Nona’s Spicy Ramen Recipe
Time: 15 min
Difficulty level: Easy
- 1 box of Nona Lim Traditional Ramen
- 1 pouch of Nona Lim Spicy Chicken Ramen Bone Broth
- 6 oz of pork chashu slices or shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4 oz of marinated bamboo shoots, spinach or bean sprouts (or whatever veggies you have on hand)
- 1 soft boiled ramen egg cut in half
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- Warm up the broth in a pot over the stove.
- Bring a separate pot of water to boil, add ramen and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain and rinse ramen noodles in cold water. Divide noodles between two bowls.
- If using spinach, add to broth and cook for a minute.
- Add broth to bowls, and top with pork/chicken, egg, and bamboo shoots.
- Garnish with green onions and serve hot. Enjoy!
Tip: You can make ramen eggs in advance to save time.
Ramen egg instructions:
- Bring a small pot of water to boil
- Add 2 eggs straight from the refrigerator gently into the pot
- Keep water simmering and boil eggs for 7 minutes
- Remove eggs and place in a cold water for a few minutes
- Crack and peel the eggs
- You can eat them as is at this point, or make a marinade consisting of 2 tbsp of soy sauce, 2 tbsp of mirin, and a ¼ cup of water and leave them in the marinade overnight, making sure the eggs are fully submerged.