Hot and Sour Bone Broth Soup
A great way to usher in the Winter season with a hot and silky favorite. With just 20 minutes, this Hot and Sour Soup is sure to fill your tummy and keep you warm.
Time: 20 min
- 2 Nona Lim Shiitake Beef Bone Broth 20 oz Pouches
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom (or ½ cup dried mushrooms, rehydrated in water before use), sliced
- 1/2 block of firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 thin slices of ginger, cut into threads
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 3 green onions chopped, separate whites and reserve greens for garnish
- ½ - ¾ tsp ground white pepper (optional)
- 3 tbsp Chinkiang black vinegar or rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- Add Nona Lim Shiitake Beef Bone Broth Pouches, and all other soup ingredients, except eggs, into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to medium and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix cornstarch with ⅓ cup of water to make a slurry,set aside.
- Add vinegar, white pepper, and cornstarch slurry in order into the soup while constantly stirring in a circular motion. The soup should be thick enough to coat your spoon and with no cornstarch clumps.
- Keeping the soup simmering, slowly drizzle in the beaten eggs while stirring in a circular motion.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve.