Thanksgiving Rice Noodle Dressing
A scrumptious new addition to the growing canon of gluten-free Thanksgiving recipes, our Rice Noodle Dressing (stuffing cooked outside the bird) is everything you love about dressing: hearty, aromatic, and herby, but with our patent clean Asian flavor profiles.
Time: 20 mins active, 60 min total
2 boxes of any Nona Lim Rice Noodles (Pad See Ew, Pad Thai, or Laksa)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 stalks celery, cut into 1/4 inch slices
10-12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
4 links Chinese Lap Cheong sausage (available at your local Asian grocery store), cut into bite-size pieces
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
2 green onions (for garnish), sliced thin
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Tear pouch 1 inch to vent and microwave for 1-2 minutes. Remove noodles from the pouch, separate noodles and set aside.
- If using Pad See Ew, keep noodles whole
- If using Pad Thai or Laksa cut into smaller pieces
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sausage. Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until the mushrooms have softened.
- Add the vegetables to the noodles in a large mixing bowl and toss together.
Stir in the melted butter, eggs, parsley, and salt and pepper, until everything is well incorporated. Spoon the mixture into a baking dish. Bake for 35-45 minutes until the top is browned and crispy.
- Top with green onions and extra parsley. Enjoy!