Leading up to the Natural Products Expo West this week, we teamed up with our friends at Mother-In-Law's Kimchi again to create two more recipes and offer two lucky winners some seriously awesome loot.
This time we had some fun with summer rolls, which are actually pretty easy to make (seriously!). We customized them with a variety of different fillers, so we encourage you to #MakeItYourOwn by mixing and matching to suit your tastes.
The juice from 1 lime - about a 1/2 cup
1 Tbsp Mother-In-Law's Kimchi Liquid
2 Tbsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
1 jalapeño, sliced
1 package of Nona Lim Laksa Noodles
10 rice paper rounds (we used Star Anise Foods Brown Rice Spring Roll Wrapper, which can be found at Whole Foods Markets)
1 Avocado, sliced
15 cooked shrimp, de-veined, and sliced in half vertically
1 cup loosely packed fresh basil
1 cup loosely packed fresh mint
1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
1 cup red pepper, julienned
1 cup carrots, julienned
1 cup cucumber, julienned
A few handfuls of lettuce
Marinated jalapeño slices from Sauce #1 (optional)
- Combine all ingredients for sauce #1, mix, cover and refrigerate
- Combine all ingredients for sauce #2, mix, cover and refrigerate
- Blanche Laksa Noodles in boiling water, according to package directions, rinse under cold water, drain, and set aside.
- Fill a shallow bowl or cake pan with water, and one at a time, dip rice round into the water until flexible (about 20 seconds). Remove from water and transfer to a large plate or work area.
- Remove Sauce #1 from fridge and add three jalapeño slices to the center of the rice round
- Top the jalapeños with either 3 shrimp halves or avocado slices
- Next add a few leaves each of basil, mint, and cilantro
- Then add a few pieces each of the julienned veggies.
- If using, remove a few slices of jalapeño from the marinating Sauce #1 to add to the pile.
- Top with a lettuce leaf that covers the pile.
- Next you are going to roll this baby like a burrito! Fold up the bottom portion to cover the bottom part of the filling. Then fold in one side, then the other, so everything is tightly packed, but be careful not to tear the rice paper round. Finish by folding in the top portion to seal the wrap shut, and voila!
- Serve with both dipping sauces. Enjoy!
Big congrats to our giveaway winners, who will be taking home our Laksa Noodles, a sampling of our Heat & Sip Soup Cups as well as Mother-In-Law's Kimchi Liquid Kimchi, Sesame Gochujang, and more kimchi goodness!