Pad Thai Kimchi
We teamed up with our friends at Mother-In-Law's Kimchi to create a decadent meal to spice up your Valentine's Day date night. Here's our take on Bon Appétit's Kimchi Udon with Scallions using our Pad Thai Noodles and Mother-In-Law's Kimchi House Napa Cabbage Kimchi, Tangy Gojuchang, and Kimchi Liquid.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (or ghee), divided
- 1 cup finely chopped Mother-In-Law's Kimchi House Napa Cabbage Kimchi
- 1/3 cup Mother-In-Law's Kimchi Liquid
- 2 tbs Mother-In-Law's Kimchi Tangy Gojuchang
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 package Nona Lim Pad Thai Noodles (Laksa Noodles work too)
- Kosher salt
- 4 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts only, sliced thinly on a diagonal
- 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- Prepare Pad Thai Noodles according to package directions, then rinse under cold water in a colander, and set aside. Make sure not to overcook!
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until melted.
- Add chopped House Napa Cabbage Kimchi and Tangy Gojuchang, stirring occasionally, until soft and caramelized, 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and Kimchi Liquid, bring to a simmer, and allow to slightly reduce, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer cooked Pad Thai Noodles to the mixture using tongs, and stir until the noodles are well coated, about 2 minutes.
- Divide noodles into serving bowls, gently top with egg yolk, sprinkle with scallions, sesame seeds, and kosher salt (as needed), and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appétit