Turmeric Pumpkin Soup
Lighten up your Thanksgiving menu, without skimping on flavor, with our Turmeric Pumpkin Soup. This smooth and velvety pumpkin soup will comfort you from head to toe, while the healing powers of chicken bone broth and turmeric keep your tummy happy after you’ve enjoyed all the rich and hearty dishes that come with the Thanksgiving season.
Time: 5 mins active, 30 min total
- 2 Turmeric Chicken Bone Broth 20 oz pouches
- 2 cans of pumpkin purée (or 2lbs of fresh pumpkin, roasted until tender)
- 1 1/2 large shallots, chopped
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or heavy cream for thickening the soup
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add shallots and sauté until soft and fragrant.
- Add pumpkin puree and Turmeric Chicken Bone Broth and stir together.
- Once combined, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend soup using a handheld immersion blender or regular blender until smooth.
- Pour soup back into pot on stove.
- Add curry powder and salt to taste.
- Add coconut cream or heavy cream, stir and simmer on low for a few more minutes until thickened. Enjoy!