Korean Kimchi Beef Stew
Time: 20 min
- 1 Nona Lim Shiitake Beef Bone Broth 20 oz Pouch
- 1 lb (one 16 oz jar) of your favorite kimchi (we love @milkimchi’s napa cabbage version), chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms (shiitake, enoki etc.), sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onions, sliced
- 1/2 box firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- Green onions chopped, whites and greens separated
- Sesame oil (optional)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Gochujang (Korean chili paste)(optional)
2 tsp Gochugaru (Korean chili flakes)(optional)
- Heat oil in a small pot over medium-high heat, add and sauté garlic, green onions whites, and sliced onions until translucent, for 3-5 minutes.
- Add kimchi and its brine to the pot, cook for 2 minutes until softens, and crisps up slightly.
- Layer on mushrooms, tofu, and sauce ingredients on top of the kimchi.
- Add Nona Lim Shiitake Beef Bone Broth Pouch, stir well, cover, and cook over medium for 10-15 minutes until all ingredients are tender and fragrant.
- Open lid, stir in sauce around and adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in a small drizzle of sesame oil (optional).