Turmeric Chicken Porridge
Time: 20 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 1 pouch Banza Rice
- 1 20 oz Nona Lim Turmeric Chicken Bone Broth Pouch (or 2 Nona Lim Turmeric Chicken Bone Broth Heat and Sip Cups)
- One half yellow onion, diced
- 1-inch fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 sprigs of cilantro
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 soft boiled egg, halved
- Sautéed mixed mushrooms
- Shredded cooked chicken
- Dash of sesame oil (optional)
1. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat and sauté the onions and ginger until translucent.
2. Add 4 cups of water, Nona Lim Turmeric Chicken Bone Broth, and salt and bring to a boil.
3. Turn it down to a simmer and add 1 pouch of Banza rice. Let it cook for 25-30 minutes until the broth has thickened into a loose porridge consistency.
4. Taste and adjust for salt and crack black pepper generously.
5. To serve, ladle the porridge in bowls and top with scallions, cilantro, sautéed mushrooms, soft boiled egg.