Nona’s Chicken Pad Thai
Recreate your favorite takeout Thai dish right at home with our Pad Thai Stir Fry Kit! The kit is complete with noodles and sauce so that you can get dinner ready from box to plate in 15 minutes or less. Although Nona uses chicken in this recipe, you can customize the dish however you like using the ingredients that are available to you at home.
Pro tip: when stir frying your Pad Thai noodles, be sure that the noodles are not cold before they hit the pan. Nona recommends microwaving the noodles in their packaging first, so that they separate and cook easily without breaking. Rice noodles should be handled gently even though stir frying traditionally requires fast cooking and high heat. If you're able to toss your ingredients without the use of utensils, go for it! If not, tongs or a wooden spoon work as well. For more tips, check out this page that outlines some of Nona's Do's and Don'ts for successful stir fry.
Time: Total 15 minutes, prep 5 minutes
Difficult Level: Easy
Stir Fry Ingredients
- 1 box of Nona Lim Pad Thai Stir Fry Kit
- 6 oz chicken (white or dark meat), thinly sliced, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 4 oz. bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Chopped green onions
- Crushed roasted peanuts
- Lime wedges
- Cut a small vent in noodle pouches and microwave until they are warm (30-60 seconds). Leave noodles in pouch.
- For chicken, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet or wok over medium heat. Add garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add chicken and stir-fry 3 to 5 minutes until cooked.
- To prepare vegetables, add bean sprouts and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add noodles and sauce to skillet or wok and toss everything for 1 minute, being careful to handle the noodles gently. If possible, toss ingredients using a wrist-flick motion to minimize handling the noodles with a utensil.
- Once noodles and sauce are well incorporated, plate your Pad Thai, garnish with green onions, peanuts, and lime wedges. Enjoy!